Everything is always different again before we can even perceive the change, we are always too late, everything becomes even more complicated, interwoven and impenetrable. The air we can breathe is getting thinner, the reasons to think utopias instead of dystopias more and more shaky.
In alles anders we counter instability with spontaneous action, our insecurity with transparency, general stagnation with exaggerated imagination. We tell the audience about our perplexity, but then let the big question marks floating in the room dissolve into dynamic dance. Humour and absurdity help us out of our predicament. We push aside the fourth wall between stage and audience.
premiere: 1 + 2 + 3 March 2023 at
SZENE Theater Salzburg, 19:00
Tickets: € 16,-/ 8,- reduced
VVK at all oeticket ticket agencies and on
AK at SZENE Salzburg
dance, acting, research:
Jerca Rožnik Novak
artistic direction, set design: Editta Braun
composition: Thierry Zaboitzeff
dramaturgical advice: Myrtó Dimitriádou
light design: Thomas Hinterberger
tailoring: Lili Brit Pfeiffer
duration: approx. 55 minutes with intermission
* 1995 in Warsaw, Poland, BA in Contemporary Dance and Education at ABPU Linz. Most recently he has worked with Bert Gstettner, Laja Martin, Body Architects, Robert Carsen, Kirill Serebrennikov. In addition to his performances, Marcin teaches contemporary dance in workshops with a focus on acrobatics and partnering techniques.
* 1987 in Poland. Choreographer, performer, researcher. MSc. Cognitive Sciences, BA in Contemporary Dance and Pedagogy at ABPU Linz. Since 2012 member of e b c . Engagements with Alex Gottfarb, Alexandra Waierstall, Rosalind Crisp, Georg Blaschke, David Zambrano, a.o. Her work draws from interdisciplinary research. http://www.martynalorenc.com
* 1996 in Slovakia, BA in Contemporary Dance and Pedagogy at ABPU Linz. Engagements at Landestheater Linz, collaboration with Laja Martin, Darrel Toulon, Marion Sparber, Nikol as Paul, Jan Lauwers, Paul Blackman. Besides her performances Nikola is also a dance teacher.
* 1991 in Slovenia, BA in dance, movement and performancean at ABPU Linz. Currently lives in Ljubljana, where he collaborates with the Emanat Institute as part of the Image Snatchers collective. Teacher at the School of Contemporary Dance in Ljubljana. International collaborations with Michael Turinsky, Francesco Scavetta and the WEE Company, editta braun company, Akemi Takeya, Marco D'Agostin, etc. He is a performer in several pieces by Alessandro Sciarroni.
* 1989 in Portugal. Circus school Chapitô in Lisbon, BA in Contemporary Dance at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance in Leeds, UK. Engagements with, among others: Jean Abreu, Hofesh Shechter, Cie.7273, Companhia Paulo Ribeiro, James Wilton, among others. Develops her own artistic concepts since 2018.
Jerca Rožnik Novak
* 1992 in Slovenia. BA and MA in Contemporary Dance and Pedagogy at the ABPU Linz. Engagements with Willi Dorner, Rose Breuss, Silke Grabinger, Gisela Elisa Heredia. Since 2014 member of SILK Fluegge, the artist collective RADIATOR (Ljubljana/SLO) and the e b c. https://jercarozniknovak.com
Editta Braun - artistic direction, choreography, set design.
* 1958, studies (German language and literature, sports science), dance and acting training in New York and Paris. 1982 foundation of the performance collective Vorgänge, 1989 of the editta braun company Salzburg. Annual creations, touring worldwide, international collaborations. Cooperations. Since 1996 close collaboration with Thierry Zaboitzeff (music, composition). Teaching in Linz, Salzburg and Vienna, among others, International Prize for Art and Culture of the City of Salzburg 2014, Groﬂer Kunstpreis des Landes Salzburg 2017.
Thierry Zaboitzeff - composition
* 1953 in Northern France, co-founder, composer and style-defining protagonist of the avant-garde rock formation ART ZOYD, world tours. Founded "Zaboitzeff & Crew" in 1999. Freelance composer and musician, creates music for film, events, theatre and dance in addition to his own projects (for example the composition for Klangwolke Linz). Release of 28 albums. www.zaboitzeff.org
Thomas Hinterberger - Lighting Design
* 1959 in Linz, director and lighting designer, works with various ensembles (editta braun company, Taka Tuka Theatre, Stifterhaus Linz, Dramos Teatras Kaunas). Awarded the recognition prize for theatre of the province of Upper Austria in 2004.
Myrto Dimitriadou - dramaturgical advice
* 1946 in Greece, theatre maker, director, dancer, actress, lives and works in Salzburg. Until 2018 artistic director of the Toihaus Theater Salzburg, which she founded in 1984. She developed her own theatrical direction at Toihaus Theater - both thematically and aesthetically. 2014 Special Award from ASSITEJ Austria for her many years of outstanding cultural-political and artistic achievement in the field of performing arts for young audiences.
Juliana Vargas Rodríguez - Scholarship Holder of the ABPU
* 2000 in Colombia, worked there with a ballet company and a contemporary dance collective, currently studying dance performance and pedagogy at ABPU Linz and is just beginning to develop her own choreographic projects. She showed her first choreographic work in the last edition of the tanz_house festival..
a suprise performance