The films of the Greek Theo Angelopoulos (The Travelling Players) have enchanted me since the early 1980s and remain anchored in me ever since. I perceive his pictorial language "choreographically" and, in its diverse association depth, is close to the arts of dance.
Then I discover the acclaimed science-fiction documentary Homo Sapiens of the Austrian filmmaker Nikolaus Geyrhalter, who takes us into a world without people, yet landscapes with human remains. Industrial ruins, abandoned human habitats, recaptured by nature, overgrown. Powerful images.
What a generosity that I can use these images to build my choreographic project "trails" with it!
Surrounded by a team of artists from France, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, Mozambique, Austria and Germany, I send four people on a journey. Although these people are obviously homeless, it is not about flight and migration: We examine the group dynamic processes of a bunch of people who move through an apocalyptic world. And they manage that no one gets lost.
dance, performance, research:
Paula Dominici, Kamil Mrozowski, Jerca Rožnik Novak, Ornilia Ubisse
artistic direction, choreography: Editta Braun
composition: Thierry Zaboitzeff
lightdesign: Thomas Hinterberger
dramaturgy: Gerda Poschmann-Reichenau
choreographic assistance: Anna Maria Müller
co-directing: Arturas Valudskis
photography: Bettina Frenzel
film-material: excerpts of Nikolaus Geyrhalter’s film Homo Sapiens
production: Austrian Ministry of Culture, City of Salzburg, Region of Salzburg
* 1995 in Vienna. BA in Contemporary dance and Pedagogy at Anton Bruckner University in Linz, Acting training with Karl Wozek, Ingrid Sturm. Engagements with Ives Thuwis, Rose Breuss, Patrik Huber, Corinne Eckenstein, Mona May, Editta Braun, Regina van Berkel, Jianan Qu. Supporting role in the movie “Residency” Cannes Court Métrage 2018. Collective Work with Maria Shurkal and Anna Possarnig since 2017.
* 1991 in Poland. Graduating the Anton Bruckner University in Autumn 2017. Has been working with Regina van Berkel, Rose Breuss, Jagoda Szmytka, Editta Braun. Since November 2016 member of Art Collective PLAY Plattform in Frankfurt am Main/DE.
Jerca Rožnik Novak
* 1992 in Slovenia. BA in Contemporary dance and Pedagogy at Anton Bruckner University Linz. Engagements with Willi Dorner, Rose Breuss, Silke Grabinger, Editta Braun, Gisela Elisa Heredia, Johannes Randolf. Member of SILK Fluegge since 2014. Member of art collective RADIATOR (Ljubljana/SLO).
* 1989 in Mozambique. BA in Modern and Contemporary dance with Pedagogy from Norges Danse Høyskole in Oslo. Choreographer/founder of Kronos Dance Company, dancer at TekstLAB, dancer at Nutopia, tour with Rikskonsert since 2013. Worked with Tavaziva Dance Company in 2016. Dancer at Frikar X, editta braun company.
* 1958 in Austria, pioneer of contemporary choreography in Austria. Has created more than 30 productions (physical theater, dance) and tours world-wide with her company. Characteristics: intercultural collaborations and coproductions, politically engaged, feminist view on society and theater. International Prize of Arts and Culture of the City of Salzburg in 2014, Grand Prize for Performing Arts of the Region of Salzburg 2017.
* 1953 in the north of France. Founder and composer for the Avantgarde-Rock- Formation Art Zoyd, touring world-wide. Since 1995 solo and group-formation projects. Freelance composer and musician for film, dance, theater, events. Publishing of 29 Album. Currently touring with his new Trio-band ARIA PRIMITIVA in Europe. www.zaboitzeff.org
* 1963 in Lithuania. Studied directing, acting at the Academy of Arts in Vilnius, migrated to Salzburg, founder of Theater Panoptikum in 1994, Agregat Valudskis in 2014.
Lives as free-lance theater director, actor, musician, costume-designer in Salzburg and Vienna.
* 1959 in Linz, director and lightdesigner, working with several groups (Kraud&Ruam Theater, Dramos Teatras Kaunas,
editta braun company, Karls Kühne Gassenschau, Stifterhaus Linz).
Theater Award of Land Oberösterreich in 2004.
* 1969 in Munich, Dr. phil., studied theater in Munich and Paris. After completing her studies she worked in Salzburg as a theatredramaturgist, since 2000 freelances as a dramaturgist, lector, translator and author.
Anna Maria Müller
* 1980 in Salzburg, Mag. phil., dance education at the Arts Educational School (London), University Vienna and Anton Bruckneruniversity Linz. Since 2005 freelance dancer, choreographer. Founds 09 the Pilates Studio Innsbruck. Since 2006 member of editta braun company. Performs with ebcie in: Luvos, Matches of Time, Coppercity, Paradies, Abseits, CLOSE UP, Close Up 2.0